- you are trying to access Central Admin with an account that you know have admin of even farm admin access
- you can access certain pages in Central Admin but not some of them that you should be able to reach
- you have verified your accounts by running the Get-SPManagedAccount command
- you have verified that all services and so on are running with the right credentials
- you may even have restarted everything connected to the farm including the farm
I had this error and several advices told me to restart the "Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application" that can be found in Application Management > Manage Services on Server (_admin/Server.aspx). If you are able to reach this page try to stop and start the service from here. This didn't to the trick for me, I had to resort to much more violent methods This command may take a while
stsadm -o provisionservice -action stop -servicetype spwebservice iisreset /noforce
When done, go to Central Admin and verify that the service have stopped. Then run the same command but replace the action with "start".
stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicetype spwebservice iisreset /noforceMost guides on the net tells you to only run the start command, that didn't work in my environment.